Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cheap-o Walk-In Tubs for Elderly

Have to research walk-in tubs for an elderly family member. If anyone
knows of a non-luxury version of this luxury item, I'd appreciate a
link. Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

shower stall MUCH better choice.

Ideally the kind where the lowest floor spot in room is shower drain
and entire shower floor slopes to the drain. walk in shower no lip to
trip on, mop bath floor easy, toilet overflow all goes down drain

really they should mandate this somehow

Posted to alt.home.repair

This site claims to have the least expensive and says they will beat
any price posted on the Internet: http://www.bathingsolutions.com/

Hope you can find something. Good luck!

Jo Ann

wrote:
Have to research walk-in tubs for an elderly family member. If anyone
knows of a non-luxury version of this luxury item, I'd appreciate a
link. Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ps.com...
Have to research walk-in tubs for an elderly family member. If anyone
knows of a non-luxury version of this luxury item, I'd appreciate a
link. Thanks.

My wife's elderly aunt had a lot of work done free by some assistance
program in PA. Make a few phone calls to a senior center or some such place
for leads and you may get what you need a reduced cost or better.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Pop Pop is offline

In ps.com,
Jo Ann typed:
This site claims to have the least expensive and says they will
beat
any price posted on the Internet:
http://www.bathingsolutions.com/

Hope you can find something. Good luck!

Jo Ann

Something funny the No prices anywhere and IMO they want all
your info before they'll even talk money.

Pop

wrote:
Have to research walk-in tubs for an elderly family member.
If
anyone knows of a non-luxury version of this luxury item, I'd
appreciate a link. Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hmmm, that does sound fishy. I didn't look around the site that much.
Google turned up several sites, so there's lots of opportunity to
comparison shop. I'm not even elderly and have often thought one of
these walk-in tubs would be nice. My mother has the type of shower
described by another poster (no lip, all tile sloped toward drain) and
while it is convenient and easy to use, nothing beats a nice, hot soak
when that's what you want.

Jo Ann

Pop wrote:
In ps.com,
Jo Ann typed:

wrote:
Have to research walk-in tubs for an elderly family member.
If
anyone knows of a non-luxury version of this luxury item, I'd
appreciate a link. Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

One option is to cut an opening in the side of the tub if it is
fiberglass/plastic/etc. My mom did this and after fiberglassing the
opening and refinishing, it looked good. Couldn't take a bath anymore
obliviously. Funny thing was, she never used it. Ended up using a
shower stall that had built in safety bars and seat.

wrote:
Have to research walk-in tubs for an elderly family member. If anyone
knows of a non-luxury version of this luxury item, I'd appreciate a
link. Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

My mother showed an ad for something like this
http://www.disableddealer.com/item_v...?itemid=108571 to
the maintenance folks at the senior apartment complex she
lived in. About a month later they installed one for her.
She was thrilled with it.

wrote in message
ps.com...
Have to research walk-in tubs for an elderly family
member. If anyone
knows of a non-luxury version of this luxury item, I'd
appreciate a
link. Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I installed one of these a few years back for my MIL.

http://www.bathease.com/products.htm

At the time it was the least expensive well made walk-in tub I could
find.

We have been very satisified with it.

Michael Thomas
Paragon Home Inspection, LLC
Chicago, IL
mdt@paragoninspectsDOTcom
847-475-5668

Posted to alt.home.repair

I applaude the idea BUT, realistically even someone who can get over a
4 inch ledge may be unable to in the future plus many old folks if
they do get don in the tub will have trouble getting back up and are a
fall risk.

a no curb shower is a much better long term solution....

Posted to alt.home.repair

MDT at Paragon Home Inspections, LLC wrote:
I installed one of these a few years back for my MIL.

http://www.bathease.com/products.htm

At the time it was the least expensive well made walk-in tub I could
find.

Thanks to you, Edwin, Pop, hallerb, Joann, and everybody for taking the
time to help. What I can't get over is the meanness of some of these
rip joints, where the web site shows some very aged soul being taken
care of by someone in a nurse's uniform...then tells you on the next
link that their wonderful product for the elderly goes for, oh, only
$5,000 plus your firstborn.

Thanks again, everyonne!