Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to remove self-leveling underlayment??

A long story short..

I'm putting down laminate flooring across a living and dining room. The
transition from the living room to the dining room there is a
difference in height from about 1/8" in some areas to 1/4" in others.

I decided after talking to several people that using Portland-based
cement self-leveling underlayment may be the best approach to this.
However after starting I realized my skills were not the greatest at
this and now I am regretting this as the end results aren't the
greatest.

After thinking some more, I think the best corse of action for someone
of my skill level would be to attempt to remove the underlayment, run
the laminate to the transition and then place a transition piece down,
thus seperating the living from the dining room. While not the most
aesthetically appealing, it'd be able to do the purpose.

So now I'm asking, if there is even a way to remove the cement based
self-leveling underlayment without damaging the plywood that is my
base.

Thank you in advance.

Old tile - To remove or not to remove... rb608 Home Repair 3 July 12th 06 04:06 AM
Underlayment Preparation for Glue-down Flooring Augustine Home Repair 12 February 21st 06 09:08 PM
how to remove excess Lithofin Stainstop keko UK diy 5 November 2nd 05 11:00 AM
Leveling machines Philippe Habib Metalworking 5 April 4th 04 02:36 AM