DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Shower drain back flow... (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/170207-re-shower-drain-back-flow.html)

girlnextdoor July 24th 06 02:47 PM

Shower drain back flow...

I've had some drain problems in my shower like this before, and it
turned out that my sewer line from the house was cracked. It only
appeared to be a slow drain, but when a lot of water ran from the
shower and sink, it would slowly back up. I even noticed some black
sludge in the shower tub after I flushed the toilet which told me there

was a definite problem. Hope it's not the same for you.

Good luck,
Stacey

John Shepard wrote:
Hi All,

About a week ago, I noticed that shower drain wasn't draining as fast as
it usually did - cleaned it - though there wasn't anything that appeared
to block it.

Ran shower again, and noticed same thing... also noticed that at the
very end, there appears to be a back flow of water surging up from the
drain and then back into it again. I've tried drain unclogging liquid
(suspecting it may have been something) but the problem seems to be
still there.

Any ideas on what may be causing it or how to fix it?

Thanks!

John