DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Who's who in appliances (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/169887-whos-who-appliances.html)

Stubby July 21st 06 08:20 AM

Who's who in appliances

Maytag used to make fine stuff, but it bought out and merged with Magic
Chef who makes crap. They are both owned by a bigger company now along
with a half dozen others.

I bought a Sears Kenmore frige. It took 4 (free) service calls to stop
the leak in the icemaker. Replacing it was the way to fix it but the
repair company was able to bill nearly the price of the new unit!

A plastic drawer cracked in it. I paid $40 for a replacement to be
shipped to me. It arrived broken and was from ElectroLux who I thought
was a vacuum cleaner company.

I wish we could deal with small, local companies again. The owner is in
the store and really wants to make things right.