DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   thermostat (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/169873-thermostat.html)

Robert July 21st 06 05:04 AM

thermostat

Is it possible to parallel two thermostats in different locations gas
forced air with AC systems

Tony Hwang July 21st 06 05:21 AM

thermostat

Robert wrote:

Is it possible to parallel two thermostats in different locations gas
forced air with AC systems

Hi,
I don't think it is wise idea because even if two 'stats are same model
they won't work in synch. creating undefined results. As an EE, if it
has to be done I have an idea. I can make Boolean logic circuit
to make only one 'stat is in control, not both.

Al Moran July 21st 06 05:33 AM

thermostat

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 04:21:37 GMT, Tony Hwang wrote:

Robert wrote:

Is it possible to parallel two thermostats in different locations gas
forced air with AC systems

Hi,
I don't think it is wise idea because even if two 'stats are same model
they won't work in synch. creating undefined results. As an EE, if it
has to be done I have an idea. I can make Boolean logic circuit
to make only one 'stat is in control, not both.

Sure, you can Boolean all you want with ans, ors, nots, but what you
will not accomplish is controlling the ducts with said setup.

Tony Hwang July 21st 06 06:00 AM

thermostat

Robert wrote:

Is it possible to parallel two thermostats in different locations gas
forced air with AC systems

Hi,
I don't think it is wise idea because even if two 'stats are same model
they won't work in synch. creating undefined results. As an EE, if it
has to be done I have an idea. I can make Boolean logic circuit
to make only one 'stat is in control, not both.

Sure, you can Boolean all you want with ans, ors, nots, but what you
will not accomplish is controlling the ducts with said setup.

Hmmm,
That can be done to if it has to. There is nothing impossible if one
wants to accoplish something. It has to have a sound reason and bottom
line has to be taken care of(money), LOL.
We live in wonderul world of digital evrything. I can even devise voice
command module. It'll cool when I say cool, etc.

Roy Starrin July 21st 06 01:42 PM

thermostat

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 23:04:12 -0500, Robert
wrote:

Is it possible to parallel two thermostats in different locations gas
forced air with AC systems

How about a wireless thermostat of the type that has a wired in base
station, with a portable unit you can move wherever you want, to have
the temperature at that location be whatever you set (and regardless
of how hot/cold the rest of the building gets)?
http://www.nextag.com/Wireless-Thermostat/search-html
'Tain't cheap!!!

Edwin Pawlowski July 21st 06 04:28 PM

thermostat

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
We live in wonderul world of digital evrything. I can even devise voice
command module. It'll cool when I say cool, etc.

Do you have one that will work on my wife? I've tried "get me a beer" and
nothing happens. I've tried "GET ME A BEER" and still nothing happened.