DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   New Pool Filter? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/169747-new-pool-filter.html)

Scott Townsend July 19th 06 06:20 PM

New Pool Filter?

I'm looking to Replace my Pool filter. Not sure what we have now, or how
big it is. I do know its a DE based filter. Though the pool is an in-ground
Fiberglass insert. its 15,000-20,000 gallons.

Any Suggestions on a Filter and or type? Seems like I've seen quite a few
of the sphere kind.

Thanks,
Scott-

Richard J Kinch July 19th 06 06:31 PM

New Pool Filter?

Scott Townsend writes:

Any Suggestions on a Filter and or type?

Cartridge if you want cheapest up-front, maintenance chores for moderate
performance.

Sand if you want ease of use, moderate performance and a little more cost.

DE if you want the most expense and labor, but sparkling performance.

Scott Townsend July 19th 06 06:37 PM

New Pool Filter?

I was hoping that the DE were Old School. (-; Its a pain to take out all
those fins and spray them off...

Thanks!
"Richard J Kinch" wrote in message
. ..

Richard J Kinch July 19th 06 09:26 PM

New Pool Filter?

Scott Townsend writes:

I was hoping that the DE were Old School.

Quite so. Out of fashion these days, but works better than the current
stuff. To be truly retro, you need a stainless steel canister DE.

Scott Townsend July 20th 06 12:14 AM

New Pool Filter?

Hey! That's what I have!!! With the Huge O Ring that you could almost use
as a floating Device. Something like 3' tall and 1.5' around, some pressure
thing on top, something like 8 fins in it...

It looks old and decrepit. The Stainless is less the perfect and the fins
are starting to break on the edges.

Thanks,
Scott-

Richard J Kinch July 20th 06 01:19 AM

New Pool Filter?

Scott Townsend writes:

Hey! That's what I have!!! With the Huge O Ring that you could almost
use as a floating Device. Something like 3' tall and 1.5' around,
some pressure thing on top, something like 8 fins in it...

You are hereby awarded full bragging rights.