DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Water pressure (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/169418-water-pressure.html)

Wired_and_Tired July 17th 06 01:41 AM

Water pressure

We are about to move into a new house (for us) but an old house to the rest
of the world. We noticed the cold water pressure in the upstairs master
bathroom sink was very low (and by low I mean you have to wave your
toothbrush around under it to get it wet). Another bathroom adjacent to the
master bathroom (also upstairs) had good cold water pressure along with the
rest of the house. The shower in the master bath also had good hot/cold
water pressure.

Any theories on what we should do to to correct this issue?

Pj July 17th 06 03:48 AM

Water pressure

Wired_and_Tired wrote:
We are about to move into a new house (for us) but an old house to the rest
of the world. We noticed the cold water pressure in the upstairs master
bathroom sink was very low (and by low I mean you have to wave your
toothbrush around under it to get it wet). Another bathroom adjacent to the
master bathroom (also upstairs) had good cold water pressure along with the
rest of the house. The shower in the master bath also had good hot/cold
water pressure.

Any theories on what we should do to to correct this issue?

Yep, if you have a stainer on the end of the faucet it's plugged. If
not, it's probably plugged with pipe corrosion further down. It could
be in the shut off valve under the sink.

Always a messy problem, eh?

Pj

buffalobill July 17th 06 05:04 AM

Water pressure

your plumber can help you solve this or you'll find many informative
posts he
http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...thor%27s+posts