DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Recycle Gymnasium hardwood floor (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/169388-recycle-gymnasium-hardwood-floor.html)

Jack July 16th 06 06:41 PM

Recycle Gymnasium hardwood floor

My church is getting a new hardwood basketball floor in the gym. I am
wondering is there any way to recycle the floor boards that are being
torn out for use in a home floor?

Mulan July 16th 06 06:49 PM

Recycle Gymnasium hardwood floor

I know someone who did this and it's a lot of work getting them out
without cracking the wood but it looked amazing when they were done.

marson July 17th 06 12:17 AM

Recycle Gymnasium hardwood floor

yeah, it's a ton of work. if it has been sanded multiple times, it
won't fit together well. i have heard of people running it through a
thickness planer so that it will form a flush surface on top. also,
you will have to scrape the old finish and dirt off of each piece so
they go together tightly. by the time you are done, you might think
the 2 or 3 bucks a square foot you spend on new looks pretty cheap!