DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What kind of sand is best for dry joints (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/169289-what-kind-sand-best-dry-joints.html)

Walter R. July 15th 06 10:24 PM

What kind of sand is best for dry joints

I am laying bricks on an old concrete patio slab. Do I need to leave a space
between bricks in both directions? 1/8", 1/16", or, can I just abut them?

What kind of sand is used for dry joints? I tried "concrete sand" but it is
too rough and has large, irregular particles.

Thank you

--
Walter
www.rationality.net

lee houston July 16th 06 12:26 AM

"Walter R." wrote in message
I am laying bricks on an old concrete patio slab. Do I need to leave a
space between bricks in both directions? 1/8", 1/16", or, can I just abut
them?

What kind of sand is used for dry joints? I tried "concrete sand" but it
is too rough and has large, irregular particles.

get the sand used for kid's sand box?

lee h

C & E July 16th 06 09:46 PM

"lee houston" wrote in message

"Walter R." wrote in message
I am laying bricks on an old concrete patio slab. Do I need to leave a
space between bricks in both directions? 1/8", 1/16", or, can I just abut
them?

What kind of sand is used for dry joints? I tried "concrete sand" but it
is too rough and has large, irregular particles.

get the sand used for kid's sand box?

lee h

Agreed. The bags actually say, "Play Sand". Unfortunately, once you get
them talking you can't shut 'em up!