DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Pecan Tree Sprayer (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/169286-pecan-tree-sprayer.html)

JimL July 15th 06 09:07 PM

Pecan Tree Sprayer

Any ideas on a 'cheap' way to spray fungicide/insecticide on my 50
foot tall pecan tree.

I really don't understand why a pressure washer couldn't be used, but
evidently they don't work as a long distance sprayer.

Pete C. July 15th 06 09:49 PM

Pecan Tree Sprayer

JimL wrote:

Any ideas on a 'cheap' way to spray fungicide/insecticide on my 50
foot tall pecan tree.

I really don't understand why a pressure washer couldn't be used, but
evidently they don't work as a long distance sprayer.

I used some extra hose and borrowed the fiberglass telescopic pole from
my pruner to make a high reach spray head to use with my little 15gal
tow sprayer. It works reasonably well.

Pete C.

buffalobill July 16th 06 12:09 AM

Pecan Tree Sprayer

just guesses:
spray it out your attic window?
maybe run aircraft cable to the top of the tree and with your dispenser
head attached to a pulley riding on the cable, guide dispenser head
into place and send it properly diluted liquid?
explore electric [or propane?] operated foggers?