DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Resin in water softener drain (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/169103-resin-water-softener-drain.html)

[email protected] July 13th 06 09:24 PM

Resin in water softener drain

I have a water softener that was self installed almost 2 years ago and
working without any problems till now. The valve on the tank is a
Clack WS-1. Couple weeks ago, I happened to be checking the hoses on
the drain and brine tanks and noticed that they were brittle and broken
off, I am not sure how long this has been broken. No problem, Texas
heat, I thought, I just cut off the bad brittle portion and reinstalled
and manually did a regen, with no apparent problems. Today when I
looked at the unit again, I noticed the brine tube and the drain broke
off again, but this time I saw resin on the ground. Based on the gal
left before regen display, I am guessing the regen cycle just happened
last night. I have not seen any resin coming out of the faucets or
toilets yet, but maybe it is too early for that.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should check and what
precautionary measures I should take. I appreciate any response.

Gary Slusser July 16th 06 06:06 AM

Resin in water softener drain

I've answered this on my web site forum. He needs to protect the softener
from direct sunlight.

Gary
Quality Water Asociates