DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Question about auto body stud welding (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/168951-question-about-auto-body-stud-welding.html)

Mike_in_SD July 12th 06 07:12 AM

Question about auto body stud welding

This is the auto body type of stud welding ...

I understand that you weld these little studs on and use a
slide hammer to pull the dent out

as opposed to using the slide hammer on little holes ..

my question is .. how do you get rid of the studs when you are done
pulling the dent out ????

thanks
mike

Shoebox Chevy July 12th 06 08:06 AM

"Mike_in_SD" wrote in message

This is the auto body type of stud welding ...

I understand that you weld these little studs on and use a
slide hammer to pull the dent out

as opposed to using the slide hammer on little holes ..

my question is .. how do you get rid of the studs when you are done
pulling the dent out ????

thanks
mike

Cut, twist, or grind off close to body, then grind flush