Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wall Covering For A Shower Stall ?

Hello:

Have a feeling that I know the answer to this already, but let me ask
anyway.

Have an upper part of a shower stall that's just painted; no tile.

Peeling a bit, and thought I'd add / glue on plastic sheet to it.

Like everything else, I guess, once you really look into it, it becomes a
bigger job than initially thought.

The ceiling is curved, as is one of the walls.

The thinnest plastic sheet I could find in the shower Dept at HD
is still fairly thick, and I am worried about cutting it true to the curve,
and whether it will tend to come off due to the stress on the plastic
because of the curve.

Was wondering:

Is there any type of truly waterproof "very-thin", almost like a paper
thickness, vinyl sheet that is available and would do the job ?

Thanks,
Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert11 wrote:
Hello:

Have a feeling that I know the answer to this already, but let me ask
anyway.

Have an upper part of a shower stall that's just painted; no tile.

Peeling a bit, and thought I'd add / glue on plastic sheet to it.

Like everything else, I guess, once you really look into it, it becomes a
bigger job than initially thought.

The ceiling is curved, as is one of the walls.

The thinnest plastic sheet I could find in the shower Dept at HD
is still fairly thick, and I am worried about cutting it true to the curve,
and whether it will tend to come off due to the stress on the plastic
because of the curve.

You could always use wallpaper, but what is the cause of the paint
peeling? Do you have a vent fan? If not, that would fix the peeling
problem and you don't have to cover that wall at all.