DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   repairing weathered plywood siding (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/168573-repairing-weathered-plywood-siding.html)

Wrong Attitude July 8th 06 09:25 PM

repairing weathered plywood siding

My house has plywood siding that is badly weathered. It is T-111 textured
surface plywood. In a few places the top layer in the plywood is starting
to blister and delaminate. It needs attention very soon. I think I can
tack or staple the blistered layer down using stainless steel staples or
tiny stainless nails, and then brush it clean and paint it. Maybe I should
try to squirt something like caulk under the loose wood before I nail it
down. To do that I would need an applicator that dispenses just tiny bits
of caulk.

Does anyone here have experience repairing plywood siding? I would like to
know your thoughts on the subject.

TIA Bill S.

EXT July 8th 06 10:45 PM

repairing weathered plywood siding

Plywood will not look good nor last long with that type of repair, it should
be replaced with something similar or covered with something else.

. ..

ameijers July 11th 06 04:00 AM

wrote:

My house has plywood siding that is badly weathered. It is T-111

textured
surface plywood. In a few places the top layer in the plywood is

starting
to blister and delaminate. It needs attention very soon. I think I can
tack or staple the blistered layer down using stainless steel staples or
tiny stainless nails, and then brush it clean and paint it. Maybe I

should
try to squirt something like caulk under the loose wood before I nail it
down. To do that I would need an applicator that dispenses just tiny

bits
of caulk.

Vinyl siding.

Vinyl siding is UGLY. So is T-111, but less so. You gotta paint anyway, and
t-111 is cheap. Replace the panel.

aem sends...