DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   T&G Porch Floor (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/168351-t-g-porch-floor.html)

jdon88 July 6th 06 05:48 PM

T&G Porch Floor

I'm getting ready to replace the tongue & groove on my outside porch floor. The stuff they sell at Home Depot and Lowe's is 1X4 SYP with a decorative groove down the center of each board. I'd rather use a flat board without a groove but can't find any around here. Can I just install the boards with the groove side down? I plan on painting the floor. They did have some fir T&G at a different store that was flat on both sides but I didn't like the looks of it, they were small 6 inch or so lengths finger jointed together.