Posted to alt.home.repair

Default homelite gas trimmer help needed

The flexible drive cable has broken off in the curved alluminum tube.

About a 3in piece of it anyways ..

I have found where to buy the replacement cable .. but .. I dont
know how to get that broken piece out of the housing.

the ground end of the housing has a threaded 2in piece sticking out
of it with a 11/16 nut at the base of it. But .. that nut will NOT
unscrew, I dont even know if that has anything to do with taking it apart

thanks
mike
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Mike_in_SD" wrote in message

The flexible drive cable has broken off in the curved alluminum tube.

About a 3in piece of it anyways ..

I have found where to buy the replacement cable .. but .. I dont
know how to get that broken piece out of the housing.

the ground end of the housing has a threaded 2in piece sticking out
of it with a 11/16 nut at the base of it. But .. that nut will NOT
unscrew, I dont even know if that has anything to do with taking it apart

thanks
mike

Check for left hand thread on the nut??

Posted to alt.home.repair

I tried turning the nut thinking left hand thread and right hand
thread .. I cant get it to budge