DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Leaky Anti-Siphon valve (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/167947-leaky-anti-siphon-valve.html)

[email protected] July 3rd 06 06:50 AM

Leaky Anti-Siphon valve

One of the anti-siphon valve, for my lawn sprinklers, leaks. Can I get
replacement washers or O-rings to fix this, or do I have to replace the
entire manifold?

TIA

jackson July 3rd 06 09:17 PM

Leaky Anti-Siphon valve

wrote in message
oups.com...
One of the anti-siphon valve, for my lawn sprinklers, leaks. Can I get
replacement washers or O-rings to fix this, or do I have to replace the
entire manifold?

TIA

From where does it leak? What brand is it?

If it is a Mansfield #378/578 and it is leaking from the top try this:

http://plumbing.hardwarestore.com/52...it-108924.aspx

If it is leaking from the handle try this

http://plumbing.hardwarestore.com/52...it-108923.aspx

http://doitbest.com/DoItBest/Main.as...=64&SKU=492361

And while your at it you might as well get a nice new lokking handle,eh?:

http://plumbing.hardwarestore.com/52...it-108925.aspx

http://doitbest.com/DoItBest/Main.as...=64&SKU=449121

All is most likely available at your local hardware store as well. Make
sure you watch how the old one comes apart, and/or take a digital picture of
it so you can put it back together with the new parts correctly.

Hope this helps!