DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Amana oven quit working (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/167864-amana-oven-quit-working.html)

GMach3 July 2nd 06 04:58 PM

Amana oven quit working

Hope someone has an idea before I spend too much ca$h somewhere.

My oven quit working yesterday, Amana model ART6110W.
The dial (thermostat) for the oven control won't light up until it hits 450
degrees.
I checked the heating element with an Ohmmeter, and it has continuity at
least - I have no idea what the resistance is supposed to be. There's no
hole or burned spots in the coil.

I'm leaning towards a bad thermostat, but that part is $100. I hate to
spend $100 and have that not be the problem. Anyone else had any experience
with this or any thoughts?

Thanks