DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   multi-strands conductors allowed? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/167573-multi-strands-conductors-allowed.html)

John June 29th 06 08:44 AM

multi-strands conductors allowed?

Does the national electric code say whether electrical wires can be
multi-strands?

RBM June 29th 06 12:03 PM

multi-strands conductors allowed?

Yes it does, in fact all conductors over #8 must be multi strand

Goedjn June 29th 06 05:16 PM

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 00:44:48 -0700, "John" wrote:

Does the national electric code say whether electrical wires can be
multi-strands?

Not inside the walls.

[email protected] June 29th 06 05:51 PM

multi-strands conductors allowed?

my old home had some installed before I bought it. It didnt flag during
home inspection sale which I kinda wondered about. It looked physicall
different and was marked as such.

What hazards does it cause?

Toller June 29th 06 05:54 PM

"Goedjn" wrote in message
On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 00:44:48 -0700, "John" wrote:

Does the national electric code say whether electrical wires can be
multi-strands?

Not inside the walls.

Why can't you have strands in walls? What if you have to take some #8
through a wall?

Doug Miller June 29th 06 07:28 PM

In article , Goedjn wrote:
On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 00:44:48 -0700, "John" wrote:

Does the national electric code say whether electrical wires can be
multi-strands?

Not inside the walls.

Got a Code citation for that?

I didn't think so.

--
Regards,

James \Cubby\ Culbertson June 30th 06 03:13 AM

"Goedjn" wrote in message
On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 00:44:48 -0700, "John" wrote:

Does the national electric code say whether electrical wires can be
multi-strands?

Not inside the walls.

That'd make for a pretty nasty looking install for your 50A range.