DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   caulking (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/167534-caulking.html)

Patt June 28th 06 09:04 PM

caulking

Where the bathtub and floor tile meet- Will silicone caulk stick to the
floor tile? Or should I use dap or painter`s caulk their?
Patt

Oren June 28th 06 09:40 PM

caulking

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 20:04:19 GMT, "Patt" wrote:

Where the bathtub and floor tile meet- Will silicone caulk stick to the
floor tile? Or should I use dap or painter`s caulk their?
Patt

Bath grade silicone; use "painters caulk" for other reasons.

Oren

Rudy June 29th 06 03:46 AM

caulking

Where the bathtub and floor tile meet-

Whats wrong with the grout you re using for the floor tile ?

krw June 29th 06 03:50 PM

caulking

In article _9Hog.103093$iF6.75073@pd7tw2no,
says...

Where the bathtub and floor tile meet-

Whats wrong with the grout you re using for the floor tile ?

Grout will crack with any movement (and there will be movement).

--
Keith

Phil Munro June 29th 06 06:07 PM

caulking

I used clear silicone (the GE I think) many years ago for the tub to
floor joint. It works wonderfully, and the "clear" nature of it makes
the color of the tub and floor keep their own look. --Phil

Patt wrote:

Where the bathtub and floor tile meet- Will silicone caulk stick to the
floor tile? Or should I use dap or painter`s caulk their?
Patt

Youngstown State University
Youngstown, Ohio 44555