DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Wood Clapboard Types ? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/166784-wood-clapboard-types.html)

Robert11 June 25th 06 08:56 PM

Wood Clapboard Types ?

Hello:

Will be calling some contractors in to replace our existing T1-11 type of
siding with the "typical" wood clapboards.

I would like to learn a bit more first, before discussing it with them.

I'm thinking of the regular wood siding for the clapboards, rather than
Hardi Board, or other engineered-wood types.

Is there such a thing as regular wood clapboards anymore ?

Are they (still) cedar ?

Any brands best, or is this pretty much of a generic item these days ?

What should I perhaps be asking them regarding what they will be using ?

Thanks,
B.

buffalobill June 26th 06 01:02 AM

Wood Clapboard Types ?

your clapboard choice might be limited to woods desirable for your
climate and readily available, as well as the appearance you desire.
priming both sides and painting, or a better looking variety or quality
for staining, will also affect your choices. don't forget insulation to
be pumped into the wall cavities while the siding is off. and any
window replacements?