DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Nutone 3080 copper range hood...its from the 50s! (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/166440-nutone-3080-copper-range-hood-its-50s.html)

[email protected] June 22nd 06 02:23 AM

Nutone 3080 copper range hood...its from the 50s!

Ok, I have an old range hood in my home, and the motor has refused to
go. When I tried to start it the other day, the switch caught on fire,
but that is another story. So, I need to replace the motor (the motor
is stuck with grease) and I figure the switch and knob as well. Can
anyone turn me on to a source for these parts. I know that one source
is Nutone itself. Are there any after market sources in the US?

lee_houston June 22nd 06 02:50 AM

Nutone 3080 copper range hood...its from the 50s!

wrote in message
oups.com...
Ok, I have an old range hood in my home, and the motor has refused to
go. When I tried to start it the other day, the switch caught on fire,
but that is another story. So, I need to replace the motor (the motor
is stuck with grease) and I figure the switch and knob as well. Can
anyone turn me on to a source for these parts. I know that one source
is Nutone itself. Are there any after market sources in the US?

it's quite possible that the motor is frozen with grease and
gunk. could be worth while to degrease it, relube it, and
try it again. motors were built really rugged in those days.

lee h

m Ransley June 22nd 06 12:21 PM

Nutone 3080 copper range hood...its from the 50s!

NuTone, great units, Slide off the bottom plate [if you can its greased
shut] , pull the pins and lower the motor and clean and oil the ports
that have never been oiled for 50 years, you might get it free enough to
run. Contact Nutone for your parts. I have one from the 60s, they need
regular maintenance or grease clogs them up.

rocky December 27th 15 08:44 PM

replying to ireallyknowthisstuff, rocky wrote:
ireallyknowthisstuff wrote:

Ok, I have an old range hood in my home, and the motor has refused to
go. When I tried to start it the other day, the switch caught on fire,
but that is another story. So, I need to replace the motor (the motor
is stuck with grease) and I figure the switch and knob as well. Can
anyone turn me on to a source for these parts. I know that one source
is Nutone itself. Are there any after market sources in the US?

I have a like new copper nutone range hood model 3080 in the garage. If
you need it it works and looks like it's right out the box

Ricardo February 23rd 18 01:44 AM

Nutone 3080 copper range hood...its from the 50s!

replying to rocky, Ricardo wrote:
Is that hood range still available, I need parts 3080

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...0s-121715-.htm