DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Old Sink Trap (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/166253-old-sink-trap.html)

[email protected] June 20th 06 01:43 AM

Old Sink Trap

Under my bar sink in my basement, there is a very odd trap that is
starting to leak under the sink. I am going to replace it with a new
pvc trap, but i was wondering- what is it called?
It is not a drum trap, as i have seen them. This has an inlet and
outlet parallel to each other, and they go into a figure eight shape,
as seen from above, with a flat bottom and a cleanout on the bottom.
What is this contraption called?

professorpaul June 20th 06 04:14 PM

Old Sink Trap

A grease trap, I think. Used on commercial kitchen installations. Was
cooking done there at one point?

Dick Adams June 20th 06 08:43 PM

Old Sink Trap

Under my bar sink in my basement, there is a very odd trap that is
starting to leak under the sink. I am going to replace it with a new
pvc trap, but i was wondering- what is it called?

It is not a drum trap, as i have seen them. This has an inlet and
outlet parallel to each other, and they go into a figure eight shape,
as seen from above, with a flat bottom and a cleanout on the bottom.

What is this contraption called?

Post a photo

Or remove it and take it to HD, Lowes, et. al. to get a replacement.