DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Attic Fan Thermostat?? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/165914-attic-fan-thermostat.html)

Orv June 17th 06 03:54 AM

Attic Fan Thermostat??

I have a vent-a-matic attic fan, 2 of them actually, each with the
thermostat control. Not sure of the model(s).

My question is the thermostat has a tempature range adjustment from 60
degrees to over 100.

Do I adjust this temp. setting for when I want the fan to come on....or go
off when it reaches the selected temp??

TIA

njmodi June 17th 06 04:30 AM

Attic Fan Thermostat??

Orv wrote:
I have a vent-a-matic attic fan, 2 of them actually, each with the
thermostat control. Not sure of the model(s).

My question is the thermostat has a tempature range adjustment from 60
degrees to over 100.

Do I adjust this temp. setting for when I want the fan to come on....or go
off when it reaches the selected temp??

TIA

It goes on when the ambient temp. in the attic goes higher than the
thermostat set temp, and switches off when the temp drops below the
thermostat temp.

CJT June 17th 06 04:47 AM

Attic Fan Thermostat??

njmodi wrote:
Orv wrote:

I have a vent-a-matic attic fan, 2 of them actually, each with the
thermostat control. Not sure of the model(s).

My question is the thermostat has a tempature range adjustment from 60
degrees to over 100.

Do I adjust this temp. setting for when I want the fan to come on....or go
off when it reaches the selected temp??

TIA

It goes on when the ambient temp. in the attic goes higher than the
thermostat set temp, and switches off when the temp drops below the
thermostat temp.

I don't know that particular thermostat, but most have hysteresis that
results in the "off" temperature being 5-10 degrees below the "on"
temp. Otherwise you could get "chatter."

The markings on such thermostats often aren't terribly accurate, so
might relate to the "on" or the "off" point or somewhere in between.