DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Whirlpool Fridge Problem (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/165661-whirlpool-fridge-problem.html)

George June 14th 06 05:36 PM

Whirlpool Fridge Problem

Hello:
I have a Whirlpool model ED22DW side-by-side refrigerator.
Recently, ice crystals (i.e. snow) have appeared near the place where
ice exits the ice maker.
Any idea what might casue this?
Thank you.
To reply directly to me, replace all 'z' with 'a' in email address.

Appliance Repair Aid June 14th 06 07:03 PM

Whirlpool Fridge Problem

George wrote:
Hello:
I have a Whirlpool model ED22DW side-by-side refrigerator.
Recently, ice crystals (i.e. snow) have appeared near the place where
ice exits the ice maker.
Any idea what might casue this?
Thank you.
To reply directly to me, replace all 'z' with 'a' in email address.

Hi,

Whirlpool model ED22DW

That is part of a full model#.

Recently, ice crystals (i.e. snow) have appeared near the place where
ice exits the ice maker.

The icemaker or the door dispensor?
Where exactly?

Any idea what might casue this?

Air leak ( gasket, flapper door ), freezer too cold ( below 0ºF )
might be suspect.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

George June 14th 06 07:20 PM

Whirlpool Fridge Problem

On 14 Jun 2006 11:03:18 -0700, "Appliance Repair Aid"
wrote:

George wrote:
Hello:
I have a Whirlpool model ED22DW side-by-side refrigerator.
Recently, ice crystals (i.e. snow) have appeared near the place where
ice exits the ice maker.
Any idea what might casue this?
Thank you.
To reply directly to me, replace all 'z' with 'a' in email address.

Hi,

Whirlpool model ED22DW

That is part of a full model#.

Recently, ice crystals (i.e. snow) have appeared near the place where
ice exits the ice maker.

The icemaker or the door dispensor?
Where exactly?
Good point. It's on the door dispenser.