DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   replacement/repair parts for Harbor Breeze fan (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/165350-replacement-repair-parts-harbor-breeze-fan.html)

Ed Stevens June 11th 06 11:39 PM

replacement/repair parts for Harbor Breeze fan

Last summer I installed a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan w/ light on my
back porch (yes, it is rated for outdoor use). Somewhere along the
line, we lost the two faster fan speeds. Thinking it would be a
simple replacement of the pull-chain switch I opened it up, and found
that the switch was hard-wired through a sealed plastic box that had
melted bulges on one face and one edge. The Harbor Breeze web site is
nothing more than a statement that Lowe's is their exclusive retailer,
and a link to Lowe's site. Lowe's does not have a replacement. Does
anyone know where I can get one? I would think this would really be a
stock type part, and even though the original is all hard-wired, I
could still cut'n'splice if I had the part.

John Grabowski June 12th 06 02:00 AM

Check out this website for ceiling fans: http://www.ceilingfans-hq.com/

Ed Stevens June 13th 06 03:23 AM

replacement/repair parts for Harbor Breeze fan

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 21:00:50 -0400, "John Grabowski"
wrote:

"Ed Stevens" wrote in message
.. .
Last summer I installed a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan w/ light on my
back porch (yes, it is rated for outdoor use). Somewhere along the
line, we lost the two faster fan speeds. Thinking it would be a
simple replacement of the pull-chain switch I opened it up, and found
that the switch was hard-wired through a sealed plastic box that had
melted bulges on one face and one edge. The Harbor Breeze web site is
nothing more than a statement that Lowe's is their exclusive retailer,
and a link to Lowe's site. Lowe's does not have a replacement. Does
anyone know where I can get one? I would think this would really be a
stock type part, and even though the original is all hard-wired, I
could still cut'n'splice if I had the part.

Check out this website for ceiling fans: http://www.ceilingfans-hq.com/

Thanks. That lead me to a site that seems to have the right
replacement parts. Now I just need to dissasemble it again to get the
right specs on the capacitor (didn't know that was what it was
called!)