Posted to alt.home.repair

Default repair cracked grout in shower

I noticed that the grout on the shower floor at the edge and corner
started to crack. The contractor who did the work (for previous owner)
should have caulked the edge and corner.

I am thinking of taking out the grout and caulk them. But I noticed
that some of the gaps are almost 1/2 inch wide. I am not sure if caulk
(e.g. silicone II) can seal this large gap.

Is it okay to use silicone caulk for gaps as large as 1/2 inch? If not,
what can I do?

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

argh. remove all that crap grout and re-grout it. caulk ?