Posted to alt.home.repair

Default creaking floors

What would be the best way to fix creaking floors? We moved to this
Condo in a few months ago and already we can hear the floors and stairs
creak.

Thanks for any ideas

J.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

A successful repair is usually from underneat the floor. They make some
special screws to go thru carpet. They have 2 heads and then you break off
the top head so you get the screw deep into the carpet and can't see the
head that stays but I've never used them and you'd have to know where the
joists were.

wrote in message
oups.com...
What would be the best way to fix creaking floors? We moved to this
Condo in a few months ago and already we can hear the floors and stairs
creak.

Thanks for any ideas

J.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Art wrote:
A successful repair is usually from underneat the floor. They make some
special screws to go thru carpet. They have 2 heads and then you break off
the top head so you get the screw deep into the carpet and can't see the
head that stays but I've never used them and you'd have to know where the
joists were.

wrote in message
oups.com...
What would be the best way to fix creaking floors? We moved to this
Condo in a few months ago and already we can hear the floors and stairs
creak.

Thanks for any ideas

J.

Thanks Art.