Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim

Default Nest in gutter

Sound of water spilling over my gutters caught my attention today.
Looking from the ground up it appears a mud based nest may have been
built in the gutter. Not uncommon around here for types of mud wasps
to do so.

Considering the top should be exposed to the weather is there some type
of spray that might help the rain destroy the nest?

Disclaimer: all this may be revised once I get time on a dry day to
actually see what is up there.
Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

"Jim" wrote in message ...
Sound of water spilling over my gutters caught my attention today.
Looking from the ground up it appears a mud based nest may have been
built in the gutter. Not uncommon around here for types of mud wasps
to do so.

Considering the top should be exposed to the weather is there some type
of spray that might help the rain destroy the nest?

Yes, A garden hose. A little soap wouldn't help it hold together either but
you will probably have to poke at it to break it all up.

Disclaimer: all this may be revised once I get time on a dry day to
actually see what is up there.

gutter repair--what a headache peter p. Home Repair 13 April 19th 05 02:18 PM
how long to eradicate carpenter ant nest [email protected] Home Ownership 1 February 25th 05 04:18 AM
Gutter guards ! [email protected] Home Repair 3 December 20th 04 09:35 PM
Gutter screen barry martin Home Repair 2 August 28th 04 02:24 PM
gutter guards Bloated Elvis Home Repair 0 October 15th 03 03:42 AM