DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Top piece of shower diverter is stuck in the pipe (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/164975-top-piece-shower-diverter-stuck-pipe.html)

CJ June 7th 06 03:41 PM

Top piece of shower diverter is stuck in the pipe

I have three handles in my tub and shower, hot, cold and the diverter.
The water in the shower was coming out the tub spout and shower head at
the same time so I decided to take the diverter out. I unscrewed the
diverter from the pipe but the top part of the diverter stayed stuck in
the pipe. The top part of the diverter seemed like it is wedged in and
immobile. I tried turning the water on full blast to force it out and
it was still wedged in. Then I tried picking at it with needle nosed
pliers and it is still stuck in there.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get it out?

CP