DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   rebar size for footer? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/164924-rebar-size-footer.html)

mike June 7th 06 02:07 AM

rebar size for footer?

hey,

got an 8" footer for a 3 wall - 15' Long x 10"Wide x 9' High screened
enclosure with a 3" Elite insulated roof.

do you think #3 rebar (3/8") all around will suffice? we're using fiber
concrete.

some folks are telling me the rebar is overkill. what do you think?

thanks,

mike

BobK207 June 7th 06 06:56 AM

rebar size for footer?

mike wrote:
hey,

got an 8" footer for a 3 wall - 15' Long x 10"Wide x 9' High screened
enclosure with a 3" Elite insulated roof.

do you think #3 rebar (3/8") all around will suffice? we're using fiber
concrete.

some folks are telling me the rebar is overkill. what do you think?

thanks,

mike

How much less rebar could you use?

Seriously, if you want the footer to hold together after the concrete
cracks you'll need at least some rebar.

cheers
Bob

EXT June 7th 06 01:27 PM

rebar size for footer?

Just on general principal I would put at least 2 rows of 1/2" rebar. There
is no such thing as overkill, just better than minimum code.

"BobK207" wrote in message
ups.com...