DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How to cut a 2x4 on a diagonal? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/164900-how-cut-2x4-diagonal.html)

[email protected] June 6th 06 07:51 PM

How to cut a 2x4 on a diagonal?

I am trying to figure out how to build a ramp uo to my tool shed. It
ink I need to cut a few 2x4s on a diagonal to serve as joists. How do
I do that?

PipeDown June 6th 06 08:10 PM

How to cut a 2x4 on a diagonal?

How much rise and run? (ex. 8 foot ramp goung up 6", who cares how wide for
this)

ups.com...

Edwin Pawlowski June 6th 06 08:20 PM

How to cut a 2x4 on a diagonal?

wrote in message
ups.com...
I am trying to figure out how to build a ramp uo to my tool shed. It
ink I need to cut a few 2x4s on a diagonal to serve as joists. How do
I do that?

Carefully. Do you have a hand saw or table saw? In either case, set the
blade to the angle you want and rip the length of it. If using a handsaw,
you may want to tack nail it to another 2x so you have support and can put a
guide for the blade. Tablesaw makes this a simple task. If you don't have
one, perhaps a neighbor will do it for you.

Edwin Pawlowski June 6th 06 08:25 PM

How to cut a 2x4 on a diagonal?

"PipeDown" wrote in message
nk.net...
How much rise and run? (ex. 8 foot ramp goung up 6", who cares how wide
for this)

wrote in message
ups.com...
I am trying to figure out how to build a ramp uo to my tool shed. It
ink I need to cut a few 2x4s on a diagonal to serve as joists. How do
I do that?

Re-thinking this, the only one needed to be cut would be the bottom one.
The rest can be nailed in at the same angle as the stringers.

Darrell Dorsey June 7th 06 03:42 AM

How to cut a 2x4 on a diagonal?

wrote in message
ups.com...
I am trying to figure out how to build a ramp uo to my tool shed. It
ink I need to cut a few 2x4s on a diagonal to serve as joists. How do
I do that?

With a circular saw and a good blade.

Darrell

RicodJour June 7th 06 04:37 AM

How to cut a 2x4 on a diagonal?

wrote:
I am trying to figure out how to build a ramp uo to my tool shed. It
ink I need to cut a few 2x4s on a diagonal to serve as joists. How do
I do that?

Change the direction of the deck boards. Have the sleepers parallel to
the shed door, rip the top edge at the correct angle and have them step
down to grade.

Frank K. June 7th 06 02:10 PM

How to cut a 2x4 on a diagonal?

Unless the ramp ends on a paved surface, I would just dig
trenches for the ends of the runners to sit in.

ups.com...