DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   air conditioning (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/164733-air-conditioning.html)

skarsan June 5th 06 02:58 PM

air conditioning

I bought a ait conditioner from Home Depot yesterday I took it home
tried it out and returned it. It made my power go out 2 times .I got my
money back. The salesperson told me that ac was for indoors but It was
a windows unit I found it out from the maunal.

Shopdog June 5th 06 03:12 PM

air conditioning

OK, I'm probably gonna regret this but, what do you mean "The salesperson
told me that ac was for indoors but It was
a windows unit I found it out from the maunal."

The only thing the facts say are that you bought an air conditioner that
GOES in a window, BUT you just put it in the room, am I correct?

Searcher

skarsan June 9th 06 03:47 AM

air conditioning

Shopdog wrote:
OK, I'm probably gonna regret this but, what do you mean "The salesperson
told me that ac was for indoors but It was
a windows unit I found it out from the maunal."

The only thing the facts say are that you bought an air conditioner that
GOES in a window, BUT you just put it in the room, am I correct?

The uint was a windows and the sales person said that I could put it in
a room. The saies person did not even show us the 8500 btu or the 5000
btu models.
Searcher

J. Clarke June 10th 06 09:34 AM

air conditioning

skarsan wrote:

Shopdog wrote:
OK, I'm probably gonna regret this but, what do you mean "The salesperson
told me that ac was for indoors but It was
a windows unit I found it out from the maunal."

The only thing the facts say are that you bought an air conditioner that
GOES in a window, BUT you just put it in the room, am I correct?

The uint was a windows and the sales person said that I could put it in
a room. The saies person did not even show us the 8500 btu or the 5000
btu models.

I'm a little bit puzzled by "put it in a room". Any air conditioner needs
to have a vent that is outside the cooled area, otherwise it heats instead
of cooling. Some fit in a window, some have a hose that goes out a window.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

Edwin Pawlowski June 10th 06 04:33 PM

air conditioning

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Shopdog wrote:
OK, I'm probably gonna regret this but, what do you mean "The
salesperson
told me that ac was for indoors but It was
a windows unit I found it out from the maunal."

The only thing the facts say are that you bought an air conditioner that
GOES in a window, BUT you just put it in the room, am I correct?

The uint was a windows and the sales person said that I could put it in
a room. The saies person did not even show us the 8500 btu or the 5000
btu models.

I'm a little bit puzzled by "put it in a room". Any air conditioner needs
to have a vent that is outside the cooled area, otherwise it heats instead
of cooling. Some fit in a window, some have a hose that goes out a
window.

I'm wondering if the OP is a troll or a complete know nothing. AC window
units are commonly referred to as "room" airconditioners as they cool one
room, not and entire house like "central" air. Even "central" air can be
located on one end of the house ;)

J. Clarke June 10th 06 06:45 PM

air conditioning

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Shopdog wrote:
[...]

Considering his grammar I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for
the moment, my assumption is that he is not a native speaker of English and
is having trouble dealing with that kind of ambiguity in the language.

karsan June 10th 06 11:44 PM

air conditioning

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Shopdog wrote:
[...]

I would like to learn about home repair I am new at this.

Edwin Pawlowski June 11th 06 12:40 AM

air conditioning

"karsan" wrote in message
I would like to learn about home repair I am new at this.

Perhaps I'm assuming too much, but since window, or room, air conditioners
have been around since the 1950's or so, most everyone knows they have to be
vented to the outside. If you come from Greenland, you may not be aware.

Edwin Pawlowski June 11th 06 06:01 AM

air conditioning

"karsan" wrote in message
I was not aware and the salesperson did not tell me that ac needed to
vented from outside. Thanks for the information. How can I vent the ac
from outside?

Mount it in the window