DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Pool light recommendations (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/164127-pool-light-recommendations.html)

Jeff Guay June 2nd 06 10:58 PM

Pool light recommendations

Hi,
I'm changing the liner in my above ground pool. I figure with the water
out, now would be a good time to install a light. Any recommendations from
anybody with a pool light or anyone who has put one in? The Hayward elite
is the only one I can find right now.
Thanks,
Jeff

Moisés Nacio June 3rd 06 10:32 PM

"Jeff Guay" wrote in message
Hi,
I'm changing the liner in my above ground pool. I figure with the water
out, now would be a good time to install a light. Any recommendations
from anybody with a pool light or anyone who has put one in? The Hayward
elite is the only one I can find right now.
Thanks,
Jeff

I have a Pentair Dark Buster in mine. Search around, prices vary greatly.

Do follow _all_ instructions. About the third year when I was opening my
pool, I was filling at night. Ole wise one that knows everything, turned on
the light to help see b/4 the light was submerged. As soon as the ice cold
water reached the light, POP. Needless to say, I went that year without the
light.

skeezics June 4th 06 12:25 AM

Pool light recommendations

On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 17:58:12 -0400, "Jeff Guay"
wrote:

Hi,
I'm changing the liner in my above ground pool. I figure with the water
out, now would be a good time to install a light. Any recommendations from
anybody with a pool light or anyone who has put one in? The Hayward elite
is the only one I can find right now.
Thanks,
Jeff

just a thought here. i have a light in my pool and rarely use it as it
attracts bugs. LOTS OF BUGS in a short time. also you will see every
foot print and all dents and irregularities in the bottom of the pool.
we thought our pool looked very good till we lit it up the first time.

skeez

Mike Hartigan June 18th 06 02:00 PM

Pool light recommendations

I got a Darkbuster for mine:

http://tinyurl.com/lkoq6

It's plenty bright for my 24x48 above ground. The only downside is
that I've had to replace the bulb twice in eight years at $45 a pop.
The optional sprinkler attachment is nice (the above link includes
this for 'free').

In article ,
says...