Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Maytag Washer - How to Access the Belt?

Nobody You'd Know wrote:
How do I access the belt to change it out? My washer has
developed a very loud squeal (like a slipping belt) in all cycles; and
I'd like to replace the belt.

Is it accessed from the bottom, the back? Any tricks to
removing the access panel(s)?

TIA!

Look under the lip at the bottom of the front panel. You are likely to
find two Philips screws, one on each side. Remove the screws and swing the
panel out and off. The Top panel I believe will swing up. Kind of a bother
trying to remove it with all the wires and stuff, and I don't think you need
to remove it.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit