DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Foundation Sill (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/163819-foundation-sill.html)

Dutch Buckhead May 30th 06 10:38 PM

Foundation Sill

Howdy,

Can someone tell me what this is? Also, is $100 per foot excessive to
replace it due to water damage? I am in Columbia, SC and my house is on a
slab. Thanks!

[email protected] May 30th 06 11:07 PM

Foundation Sill

its what the wall framing of your home sits on, a hundred bucks a foot
sounds on the low side.

get permits and inspections to assure its being done right and change
the grade of the ground so it cant reoccur

Joseph Meehan May 31st 06 12:17 AM

Foundation Sill

Dutch Buckhead wrote:
Howdy,

Can someone tell me what this is? Also, is $100 per foot excessive to
replace it due to water damage? I am in Columbia, SC and my house is
on a slab. Thanks!

It is usually a 2x4 that is under the studs of the wall. Personally I
would say that $100 per foot would be a deal if they are doing it right.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

[email protected] May 31st 06 02:04 AM

Foundation Sill

That would be $20 / lf low in Charleston.
Make sure you have in writing what materials are being used as
replacement.
TB