DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Shingling roof ridge (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/163648-shingling-roof-ridge.html)

[email protected] May 29th 06 01:40 PM

Shingling roof ridge

I am just finishing up laying shingles on my shed, and I am wondering
how I shingle the ridge. I assume I could get a ridge vent but I'd
like to use cut shingles if possible. Can someone please explain how
to do this? Thanks.

marson May 29th 06 01:45 PM

Shingling roof ridge

if using 3 tab shingles, cut each shingle into three individual tabs
and nail these on. look at some existing roofs around you to see how
it is done. if you have architectural shingles, like timberline, then
you have to buy the hip and ridge shingle. no need for a ridge vent on
a shed.

mrsgator88 May 30th 06 04:12 AM

Shingling roof ridge

"marson" wrote in message
ups.com...
if using 3 tab shingles, cut each shingle into three individual tabs
and nail these on. look at some existing roofs around you to see how
it is done. if you have architectural shingles, like timberline, then
you have to buy the hip and ridge shingle. no need for a ridge vent on
a shed.

Before you finish, consider installing skylights. They're plastic and not a
lot of money. The ones I've seen are vented FWIW. The extra light comes in
very handy, especially at the end of the day.