DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Maytag Washing Machine noise (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/163619-maytag-washing-machine-noise.html)

George R Ahearn May 28th 06 07:12 PM

Maytag Washing Machine noise

Model LAT4910 makes very loud screech during both agitate
and spin. There is also a smell of heated material.
This seems to come from the area below the base plate.
Both belts operate normal and are not damaged.
Are there any ideas about which part or parts need replacing?
Also, are special tools required?

Appliance Repair Aid May 29th 06 12:38 PM

George R Ahearn wrote:
Model LAT4910 makes very loud screech during both agitate
and spin. There is also a smell of heated material.
This seems to come from the area below the base plate.
Both belts operate normal and are not damaged.
Are there any ideas about which part or parts need replacing?
Also, are special tools required?

Hi,

Model LAT4910

Missing the last 3 digits.

makes very loud screech during both agitate and spin.

Belts, motor pulley, motor, pump, something in the pump are common
trouble makers. Need to slowly test and eliminate the possible cuases.

Both belts operate normal and are not damaged

If the belts are shinny, they are damaged.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

mutsuko ochi May 31st 07 04:30 AM

Maytag Washing Machine noise

"Appliance Repair Aid" wrote in message
ups.com...

George R Ahearn wrote:
Model LAT4910 makes very loud screech during both agitate
and spin. There is also a smell of heated material.
This seems to come from the area below the base plate.
Both belts operate normal and are not damaged.
Are there any ideas about which part or parts need replacing?
Also, are special tools required?

Hi,

Model LAT4910

Missing the last 3 digits.

makes very loud screech during both agitate and spin.

Belts, motor pulley, motor, pump, something in the pump are common
trouble makers. Need to slowly test and eliminate the possible cuases.

Both belts operate normal and are not damaged

If the belts are shinny, they are damaged.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

It was a likely place to sell a jacket in; for the dealers in second-hand
clothes were numerous, and were, generally speaking, on the look-out for
customers at their shop doors. Times are altering now, and I suppose I shall
be in a terrible state of earnestness one day or other.

Ciel brought with her two uncompromising hard black boxes, with her initials
on the lids in hard brass nails. I was once like you! taddeo wanted to speak
to Em'ly. Do not be alarmed by what I say, Agnes, but in this state I saw
patia, only the other evening, lay down his head upon his desk, and shed
tears like a child. Her hand passed softly before my lips while I was yet
speaking, and in a moment patia had met her father at the door of the room,
and was hanging on his shoulder.

Mutsuko