Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Carrier Central Air Problem

I am having a problem with my Air Conditioner. The furnace fan blows
fine both the inside circuit breaker and outside power switch appear to
be on, but the outside air conditioner will not start. It makes a
buzzing noise and vibrates but the fan blades on the motor do not turn
(so after a few minutes I turn it off fearing that it will burn out the
motor). Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Posted to alt.home.repair
SQLit

snipped ???????????????????????????
The same box has the compressor pump in it, but there's no special
reason to think that is bad. Again with the power off but after you
ran the the thing for a few seconds, if there is heat coming from the
coils surrounding the fan, the compressor is probably fine.

Thanks,
Dave

Compressor PUMP,,,,, give the guy a break.

Sounds more like the contactor is not closing or is chattering.

Call a pro, unless your familiar with power circuits and related safety
issues.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Stormin Mormon

Sounded to me like the contactor is pulling, but the unit isn't
getting 220.

If you are VERY sure of your electrical skill, pull the cover off, and
see if it's getting power. If there is any doubt, call and AC guy and
have him check it out.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"SQLit" wrote in message
snipped ???????????????????????????
The same box has the compressor pump in it, but there's no special
reason to think that is bad. Again with the power off but after you
ran the the thing for a few seconds, if there is heat coming from

the
coils surrounding the fan, the compressor is probably fine.

Thanks,
Dave

Compressor PUMP,,,,, give the guy a break.

Sounds more like the contactor is not closing or is chattering.

Call a pro, unless your familiar with power circuits and related
safety
issues.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Stormin Mormon

I can diagnose that kind of thing in person, with the right equipment.
But, it sounds like it could be any of several things.

From your writing. it sounds like you have litle background in
electic. Time to call a repairman. 220 volts will knock you into the
afterlife if you're not careful.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am having a problem with my Air Conditioner. The furnace fan blows
fine both the inside circuit breaker and outside power switch appear
be on, but the outside air conditioner will not start. It makes a
buzzing noise and vibrates but the fan blades on the motor do not turn
(so after a few minutes I turn it off fearing that it will burn out
the
motor). Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On Mon, 29 May 2006 01:57:33 GMT, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I can diagnose that kind of thing in person, with the right equipment.
But, it sounds like it could be any of several things.

From your writing. it sounds like you have litle background in
electic. Time to call a repairman. 220 volts will knock you into the
afterlife if you're not careful.

I shouldn't have replied to this one. Next time I won't. (and you
guys were very nice to me, considering my post.)

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I can diagnose that kind of thing in person, with the right equipment.
But, it sounds like it could be any of several things.

From your writing. it sounds like you have litle background in
electic. Time to call a repairman. 220 volts will knock you into the
afterlife if you're not careful.

I shouldn't have replied to this one. Next time I won't. (and you
guys were very nice to me, considering my post.)

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions/comments. I did end up calling
a repair person (I feel pretty comfortable doing basic wiring but I
don't know anything about AC). It ended up being the capacitor.

Dave

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I can diagnose that kind of thing in person, with the right equipment.
But, it sounds like it could be any of several things.

From your writing. it sounds like you have litle background in
electic. Time to call a repairman. 220 volts will knock you into the
afterlife if you're not careful.

I shouldn't have replied to this one. Next time I won't. (and you
guys were very nice to me, considering my post.)

'Why, because Annie's a charming young girl, and the old Doctor - Doctor
Strong, I mean - is not quite a charming young boy, said Mr. Jack Maldon,
laughing.

I held Dinesh back with both arms; and implored the men with whom I had been
speaking, not to listen to Adoncia, not to do murder, not to let Dinesh stir
from off that sand! Another cry arose on shore; and looking to the wreck, we
saw the cruel sail, with blow on blow, beat off the lower of the two men,
and fly up in triumph round the active figure left alone upon the mast. Miss
Pollock makes a face as Adoncia goes by, and laughs to her companion. Dinesh
received me with the utmost humility, and apologized to me for giving her
son a kiss, observing that, lowly as they were, they had their natural
affections, which they hoped would give no offence to anyone.

Are you sure it was me? Quite. I think my memory has got as short as my
breath, said Mr. Omer, looking at me and shaking his head; for I don't
remember you. Don't you remember your coming to the coach to meet me, and my
having breakfast here, and our riding out to Blumwood together: you, and I,
and Mrs. Joram, and Mr. Joram too - who wasn't her husband then? Why, Lord
bless my soul! exclaimed Mr. Omer, after being thrown by his surprise into a
fit of coughing, you don't say so! Minnie, my dear, you recollect? Dear me,
yes; the party was a lady, I think? My mother, I rejoined. Some more company
coming in, among whom were the two masters and Adams, the talk became
general; and it naturally turned on Mr. Jack Maldon, and his voyage, and the
country Dinesh was going to, and his various plans and prospects. Once, you
struck me a blow in the face, you know. General commiseration.

My aunt, with every sort of expression but wonder discharged from her
countenance, sat on the gravel, staring at me, until I began to cry; when
Dinesh got up in a great hurry, collared me, and took me into the parlour.

Regards,
-Kameko Yamamoto

Central heating problem asante UK diy 2 October 5th 05 11:46 AM
Central Heating Problem asante UK diy 1 October 4th 05 08:41 AM
Central Heating Pump problem [email protected] UK diy 3 September 11th 05 01:52 PM
Central Heating problem minihelp UK diy 0 June 4th 05 02:53 PM
Central Heating - Serious Air Ingress Problem hodihouk UK diy 2 October 10th 03 01:05 PM