DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Location of Temperature Sensor in AC / Heat System (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/163258-location-temperature-sensor-ac-heat-system.html)

User May 25th 06 06:15 PM

Location of Temperature Sensor in AC / Heat System

Hi All..

I have a Robert Shaw branded electrical / programmable thermostat for my
heating and cooling systems (my heating furnaces are in my attic, and
my AC units are outside my house)

The question I have is where are the temperature sensors for my
RobertShaw thermostat units located ? I have one unit on my top level in
my master bedroom, and one on my main level in my dining room ?

Is there a single temperature sensor my my thermostat, or is there a
different one for my AC units, and my heating systems ?

Thanks

Jim Yanik May 25th 06 07:20 PM

User wrote in :

Hi All..

I have a Robert Shaw branded electrical / programmable thermostat for my
heating and cooling systems (my heating furnaces are in my attic, and
my AC units are outside my house)

The question I have is where are the temperature sensors for my
RobertShaw thermostat units located ? I have one unit on my top level in
my master bedroom, and one on my main level in my dining room ?

Is there a single temperature sensor my my thermostat, or is there a
different one for my AC units, and my heating systems ?

Thanks

The sensors are built into the thermostat;they are thermistors;change
resistance with changes in temperature.They are a tiny seed-sized (~2mm
dia.)component with two fine wires coming out of them.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik