DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Need portable work platform at standing height (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/163237-need-portable-work-platform-standing-height.html)

[email protected] May 25th 06 02:44 PM

Need portable work platform at standing height

I'm looking for an aluminum folding portable work
surface/platform that would be a standing height when
in use? Like a stand up desk.

Any ideas?

Phat Phuq May 25th 06 08:10 PM

Need portable work platform at standing height

Black and Decker Workmate.

You can pound on it...
saw on it...
plane a door on it...

and a whole lot more!

[email protected] May 25th 06 09:48 PM

Need portable work platform at standing height

"Phat Phuq" wrote:

Black and Decker Workmate.

You can pound on it...
saw on it...
plane a door on it...

and a whole lot more!

Thought abt that but not quite high enough

I want it like a stand up table..... maybe 40" high?

Dick Adams May 27th 06 09:03 PM

wrote:
I'm looking for an aluminum folding portable work
surface/platform that would be a standing height when
in use? Like a stand up desk.

I had a heavy duty one that I purchased at a closeout sale.
After finishing the ceilings and the electical work, I gave
it to a friend who had helped me put up the ceilings.

My friend saw a "Gorilla Ladder" which would have worked
just as well, cost around $100, and weigh a lot less than
what I gave him. He want to know if it was ok if he sold
the one I gave him. I said it was his to do with as he
chose. I paid $120 for it. He sold it to a contractor
for $200 and purchased a "Gorilla Ladder."

Dick