Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GRAVEL DRIVEWAY

I have a 70 yr. old home; brick and stucco. I currently have one of
those driveways that have concrete "lanes" with a grassy area in
between the concrete. It goes all the way to the back of the house to a
little-used garage and up to my back door. I am going to have it
blacktopped but do not want the blacktop to go right up to my back
door. I would like to use gravel in the back of the house where the
driveway meets my backdoor. If you have to step out your backdoor onto
a driveway, wouldn't it be more natural to step onto a gravel surface?
What are some nice attractive gravel types to use? What about red
instead of gray? Has anyone used gravel outside the backdoor and do you
like it?

Thanks,

Pam Sedor

Posted to alt.home.repair

gravel is messy, dirt always migrates thru it unless theres a asphalt
on concrete surface under it. a driveway thats 2 different surfaces
will likey cause troubles when you sell home, oh look they didnt finish
the driveway

theres a fake gravel, asphalt with gravel crushed into it, but it will
cost more than plain asphalt

Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom G

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a 70 yr. old home; brick and stucco. I currently have one of
those driveways that have concrete "lanes" with a grassy area in
between the concrete. It goes all the way to the back of the house to a
little-used garage and up to my back door. I am going to have it
blacktopped but do not want the blacktop to go right up to my back
door. I would like to use gravel in the back of the house where the
driveway meets my backdoor. If you have to step out your backdoor onto
a driveway, wouldn't it be more natural to step onto a gravel surface?
What are some nice attractive gravel types to use? What about red
instead of gray? Has anyone used gravel outside the backdoor and do you
like it?

Thanks,

Pam Sedor

I have a gravel (limestone) driveway and even though you walk from that over
a 20 ft brick walk and rugs inside and outside the back door to catch the
dirt, we're constantly having to sweep the kitchen floor to pick up the dirt
from the driveway. Really bad when it's been raining. I do prefer the old
time, rustic, look of the gravel drive instead of blacktop, however, and
when my neighbors blacktopped the rest of the 400 ft private lane leading
back to my house, I stayed with the gravel. No problem with them as I was
the last house on the lane.

Tom G

Large gravel drive, replace or rejuvenate, how? [email protected] UK diy 13 August 2nd 05 02:36 PM
Driveway drainage Mark UK diy 8 August 2nd 05 02:31 AM
Gravel beds round house, alternatives? [email protected] UK diy 11 August 1st 05 11:17 PM
Repairs to gravel driveway Jeremy UK diy 2 January 30th 04 12:02 PM
help, concrete driveway rising up lucy Home Repair 6 November 16th 03 12:32 PM