DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Calypso washer makes clothes smell..... (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/161722-calypso-washer-makes-clothes-smell.html)

[email protected] May 16th 06 10:42 PM

Calypso washer makes clothes smell.....

Recently we have noticed that our clothes have a mildew smell to them.
Most noticable are towels. When you use them they smell like mildew.

Anyone else with this type of washer have this issue?

We use the recommended detergent type.

Thanks

Art May 16th 06 11:45 PM

Calypso washer makes clothes smell.....

Use a small amout of bleach once in a while. Keep the door open when washer
isn't in use. I mean real bleach and not color safe bleach.

ups.com...

Jim May 17th 06 12:38 AM

Calypso washer makes clothes smell.....

If you leave your wet clothes in the washer for over an hour, your clothes
will have that smell after you dry them. Get them in the dryer right away
when the wash is finished. And leave the washer door open when not in use.

"Art" wrote in message
nk.net...
Use a small amout of bleach once in a while. Keep the door open when
washer isn't in use. I mean real bleach and not color safe bleach.

ups.com...

buffalobill May 17th 06 12:22 PM

Calypso washer makes clothes smell.....

we had aplastic tub washer that liked odors and lint with odors:
if the lint fibers are built up between the inner perforated tub which
holds clothes and the outer water holding tub, you'll want to bleach
them. if you have a plastic instead of stainless tub it may seem to
hold more odors. turn on an exhaust fan and follow washer instructions,

run a full load of water, agitate to mix in the bleach, and let it
soak.

see also:
http://fixitnow.com/wp/2003/09/02/ma...washer-stinks/

Appliance Repair Aid May 17th 06 12:39 PM

Calypso washer makes clothes smell.....

Hi,

A smell can also come from the dryer. Make sure the dryer vents, vent
hood and ducts in the dryer are cleaned out.

Washer smells often come from left over chemicals left in the washer.
http://www.applianceaid.com/washer_odor.html

jeff
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/