DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Trex or Pressure Treated Fence (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/157042-trex-pressure-treated-fence.html)

nospamplse May 11th 06 02:53 PM

Trex or Pressure Treated Fence

I have an older pressure treated fence around a pool and the top plate
(2 x 6 with a 2 x 4 at 90 degrees) is in need of replacement. Thinking
of using Trex (or a similar substitute) in lieu of pressure treated and
eventually replacing all the fence with the same material. Does anyone
have first hand experience with trex in horizontal applications?
Particularly interested in knowing of mildew problems, color stability,
shrinkage and eventually slipperiness.

Thanks.

tom May 11th 06 06:13 PM

Trex or Pressure Treated Fence

With Trex, I do. Great stuff, not slippery, fades to grey. Can't be
used as a structural material, though (think "not posts"). Should be
supported well, max 12 inches O.C., as it's _heavy_. HTH Tom