DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Gas Oven (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/156633-gas-oven.html)

cdsliger May 8th 06 12:02 PM

Gas Oven

I just replaced my gas cook stove because the oven would not light,
now I'm having the same problem with the new stove. The pilot light
is lit but the burner will not ignite. could someone please help me.

Appliance Repair Aid May 8th 06 12:39 PM

Gas Oven

cdsliger wrote:
I just replaced my gas cook stove because the oven would not light,
now I'm having the same problem with the new stove. The pilot light
is lit but the burner will not ignite. could someone please help me.

G'day,

I just replaced my gas cook stove

With a new one....a used one? Model#?

The pilot light is lit but the burner will not ignite

Pilot light flame....or glowing hot surface ignitor?

http://www.applianceaid.com/gas.html#gas-help
Some gas range helps.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

No May 8th 06 05:41 PM

Gas Oven

cdsliger wrote:
I just replaced my gas cook stove because the oven would not light,
now I'm having the same problem with the new stove. The pilot light
is lit but the burner will not ignite. could someone please help me.

Hmmm - Could there be some electrical connection thats bad? Does the
range have a plug? if so, try plugging in a lamp to see if it goes on.
If not, check the breaker first. I have one with electronic ignition
that wouldn't work w/o power. I also have one with just a pilot that
requires no power but yours may be different.