DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Honeywell Thermostat Chronotherm IV Plus Battery Problem (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/156473-honeywell-thermostat-chronotherm-iv-plus-battery-problem.html)

hoosierboy May 7th 06 04:19 AM

Honeywell Thermostat Chronotherm IV Plus Battery Problem

I just bought a new house and have a Honeywell Chronotherm IV Plus
battery replacement flashing in the screen. Problem is I cannot figure
out where and how to get to the batteries. Can someone please tell me
in laymans terms what I need to do to replace the batteries. What
needs removed etc. Thanks in advance.

Tony Hwang May 7th 06 05:24 AM

hoosierboy wrote:

I just bought a new house and have a Honeywell Chronotherm IV Plus
battery replacement flashing in the screen. Problem is I cannot figure
out where and how to get to the batteries. Can someone please tell me
in laymans terms what I need to do to replace the batteries. What
needs removed etc. Thanks in advance.

Hi,
It has bottom half swing down door to get at buttons, right?
Close the door.
Now you have to pull out the control panel which is clipped onto base.
Grasp the panel with both hands and gently pull/swing up/ It'll come
off. Replace batteries and do the revers to put the panel back.
And check the time and program setting in case it is disturbed(very
unlikely)
If you go to Honeywell web site, you can download manual.
Good luck,

Mark[_58_] August 26th 18 02:44 AM

Honeywell Thermostat Chronotherm IV Plus Battery Problem

replying to Tony Hwang, Mark wrote:
Brilliant info, worked brilliantly :)

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...em-108414-.htm

Rick Giombetti March 11th 19 03:14 AM

Honeywell Thermostat Chronotherm IV Plus Battery Problem

replying to Tony Hwang, Rick Giombetti wrote:
I see no batteries anywhere for the Honeywell cronotherm IV Plus ???? Where
are they ???

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...em-108414-.htm

=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= March 12th 19 05:56 PM

Honeywell Thermostat Chronotherm IV Plus Battery Problem

Rick Giombetti posted for all of us...

replying to Tony Hwang, Rick Giombetti wrote:
I see no batteries anywhere for the Honeywell cronotherm IV Plus ???? Where
are they ???

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...em-108414-.htm

Tony has not been alive for many years, learn to get off the hub.

--
Tekkie

Honey H June 12th 19 08:44 PM

Honeywell Thermostat Chronotherm IV Plus Battery Problem

replying to Tekkie®, Honey H wrote:
Do I need to remove the back of unit where there are 2 screws to get to the
batteries? Thanks in advance

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...em-108414-.htm

=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= June 12th 19 09:11 PM

Honeywell Thermostat Chronotherm IV Plus Battery Problem

Honey H posted for all of us...

replying to Tekkie®, Honey H wrote:
Do I need to remove the back of unit where there are 2 screws to get to the
batteries? Thanks in advance

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...em-108414-.htm

Yes, then pivot from the bottom to the top. I left my screws loose (the
thermostat screws-the ones in my head are stripped out...)

--
Tekkie