DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Replacement crank handles for old casement windows (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/156469-replacement-crank-handles-old-casement-windows.html)

[email protected] May 7th 06 02:01 AM

Replacement crank handles for old casement windows

1950s casement windows may not be very energy efficient, but they sure
are burglar-resistant! These are casement windows, not those little
louvred jalousie windows, btw. I'm missing some handles for these, and
the big box home improvement stores don't have them. Is there some
salvage or vintage type hardware service I could approach for these?
Thanks.

--
bruce
The dignified don't even enter in the game.

[email protected] May 7th 06 02:17 AM

Replacement crank handles for old casement windows

Bruce - I bought some from Home Depot internet sales and then found some
at our local Lowes. homedepot.com was where i ordered them online. jim

Goedjn May 8th 06 04:45 PM

On 6 May 2006 18:01:47 -0700, wrote:

1950s casement windows may not be very energy efficient, but they sure
are burglar-resistant! These are casement windows, not those little
louvred jalousie windows, btw. I'm missing some handles for these, and
the big box home improvement stores don't have them. Is there some
salvage or vintage type hardware service I could approach for these?

Isn't it the same shaped stub as your windshield wipers?

Wayne Boatwright May 8th 06 05:24 PM

Replacement crank handles for old casement windows

On Mon 08 May 2006 08:45:38a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Goedjn?

On 6 May 2006 18:01:47 -0700, wrote:

1950s casement windows may not be very energy efficient, but they sure
are burglar-resistant! These are casement windows, not those little
louvred jalousie windows, btw. I'm missing some handles for these, and
the big box home improvement stores don't have them. Is there some
salvage or vintage type hardware service I could approach for these?

Isn't it the same shaped stub as your windshield wipers?

Are you suggesting he put a windshield wiper on the stub? I've never seen a
handle on a windshield wiper.

--
Wayne Boatwright Õ¿Õ¬

Andy & Carol May 9th 06 01:09 PM

Replacement crank handles for old casement windows

They are probably Andersen windows, a fine company,your local
lumber co. or even Lowes or HD, may have them