Posted to alt.home.repair
MB

Default Electrical rough-in

I'm doing the electrical rough in for my new bathroom.....Does the
rough-in include installing the new breaker and wiring to the breaker,
or should the new circuit just hang outside the box until final?

Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

If you are asking because you want to know when to call in an inspector, do
as much as you can including installing fixtures and powering the branch
without physically closing the wall or concealing any wires.

If the job were complex, you might want to call the city electrical
inspector and discuss what he likes to see in a first inspection, the
following inspections are clearer as you will have had a chance to talk to
the inspector on site and ask whet should go next.

If you are just picking at the definition, rough in stops just short of
connecting the wires to anything. So the receptacles, switches and breakers
will not be installed. that step is electrical trim out. The formal
milestones on the permit are more applicable to new structures where many
trades need to do their part in a certain order. For remodel work, the
inspectors like to come on site as few times as possible.

"MB" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm doing the electrical rough in for my new bathroom.....Does the
rough-in include installing the new breaker and wiring to the breaker,
or should the new circuit just hang outside the box until final?

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

The rough in is everything you can do prior to wallboard. Breakers and
cables in panels can be done later

"MB" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm doing the electrical rough in for my new bathroom.....Does the
rough-in include installing the new breaker and wiring to the breaker,
or should the new circuit just hang outside the box until final?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom The Great

On 2 May 2006 17:22:32 -0700, "MB" wrote:

I'm doing the electrical rough in for my new bathroom.....Does the
rough-in include installing the new breaker and wiring to the breaker,
or should the new circuit just hang outside the box until final?

Only one person can tell you what is correct, it's who is inspecting
your work.

I've met inspectors who wanted to see everything done but landing
devices, and others who didn't care if the jacket were removed from
the NM-b.

Contact your inspector, and ask what he or she wants.

hth,

tom @ www.Consolidated-Loans.info