DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   harvester ants (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/155786-harvester-ants.html)

stevie May 1st 06 06:26 PM

harvester ants

Anyone have a good idea on how to get rid of red ants? I believe they are
call harvester ants.

I have eliminated them in the past with poisons, but they seem to reappear
in the same spot every year.

I live in northern Texas.

Lar May 2nd 06 04:39 AM

harvester ants

In article , says...
:) Anyone have a good idea on how to get rid of red ants? I believe they are
:) call harvester ants.
:)
:) I have eliminated them in the past with poisons, but they seem to reappear
:) in the same spot every year.
:)
:) I live in northern Texas.
:)
would guess (never used it for them) Over-N-Out would give you the
permanent results though it is a bit pricey for one ant bed. harvester
ants are seed feeders so baits aren't much use...they have a large deep
nest so as you found out insecticides are usually temporary at best
against them.