Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
Ray K

Default Removing grout from face of ceramic tile

By design, the tile has numerous shallow crevices in it. When I grouted
the floor, I should have been removed the grout from the face while it
was still wet, but I didn't. (At the time, I was unaware of release
agents.) This isn't an issue of an overall haze, but just grey grout in
the crevicies of the browish face.

Since the area is small, about 42" by 60", I am prepared to just pick
out the grout with a tiny screwdriver or pick. Any ideas for "softening"
the grout first with some chemical?

I'm also considering coloring the unwanted grout to match the tile by
using a q-tip to apply the coloring.

Thanks,

Ray